Saturday, December 31, 2016

Friends Friday

with Zachary and Marcus for Indoor Car Racing in Allentown and then a sleepover!   Kendall and I (well, more me than Kendall) madly cleaned the house in anticipation of heir visit.  Zachary surprised us a little early much to Clark Kent's delight.  Then we picked up Marcus and were on our way.  It took the boys a bit to be able to find topics for all three of them to chat about since Marcus and Zachary attend the same school and Kendall does not.  Kendall started to speak a few times, Zachary cut him off with a new topic and Marcus tried to include all 3 in the conversation. Kendall never became angry, tried multiple times to add to the conversation and never said anything.  Their personalities fascinate me.

Nothing like the smell of burnt rubber, gas and Rock 'n Roll (especially Bon Jovi).   We had great racing of midgets and sling cars with spin outs, crashes, collisions and even a fight (but they stopped it before any punches were thrown). A great venue with great prices. The young men practiced going through security and  I was the racing expert explaining what  was goin on (•‿•) when it really should be my Dad [thanks Dad (and Mom!) for the experiences]. We were in the lower nosebleed section and I think I was the only person nervous about the height! The parking was cheap but we were on floor 7 of 8 and one elevator to get back.  And the food was expensive and not so great. But I would rate it as one of the best live racing I've ever been to.

And, Abuelos, notice the For Sale car, Kendall is interested :-)

It took a bit to get to the car and the boys were so giddy on the ride home - not sure if was the sugar, nachos or both!  The silliness of all 3 boys in synch was pretty funny. They finally fell asleep after an hour of crazy conversation,   And we arrived back home early early Saturday morning.

But then some ice cream, a decision to sleep upstairs since it would be too cold, and conversation late into the night.

Cordelia, Clark Kent and I called it a night!

Buenas noches!








 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...