A nice walk with Clark in the morning. I am grateful CK let me sleep in a bit! I had some time before the boys woke up and requested buttermilk pancakes, bacon and coffee so I enjoyed spending time cooking (and cleaning) in the kitchen.
The boys went to Zachary's and I went to the grocery store with directions that Kendall and Marcus could come home but let the dog out and watch TV. So many folks at the stores! I arrived home to a skateboard in the middle of the driveway, a backpack left on the porch, house keys in the door, Marcus in the living room, Clark locked in his bedroom and Kendall in the bathroom upstairs. I had left the car running in the street in front of the driveway. I called for Kendall and it took him a few minutes to exit the bathroom. By that point I had decided it was time for Marcus to go home and Kendall and I to have a discussion about responsibility and respect for their and other people's possessions. Kendall cleaned his room, walked Clark and whatever else he could think of to make up for it. He lost being able to use his skateboard for 1 week and television for the afternoon.
In the evening, we watched old(er) movies: Dwayne Johnson in Faster and Denzel Washington in 2 Guns followed by Disney until midnight. I headed to bed about 11pm but woke up during the countdown and then to Cordelia's (and my) dismay - some fireworks. Happy New Year!
Some reflections from 2016...
- Here’s what we did to handcraft our perfect Pandora listening experience in 2016.
Total Songs Listened To: 2,308
Total Hours Listened: 148
Total Stations Listened To: 89
Total Thumbs-Up: 112
First Song Thumbed Up: Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson
Most Active Month: May
- We have funded over 30 projects on Kickstarter - including 3 films, a comic book, games, various technology, food and drink. I am addicted!
- With Kiva we have funded 46 loans in 25 of 79 countries.
- To keep families together, we sponsor two World Vision children: Doris Isabel in Ecuador and Tiwonge in Malawi and Milo in Thailand through Pearl S. Buck.
We welcome Tia Coreen and Abuelo Ginny's new furbaby, Colette, and hope to add to our to our human family in 2017.
Share what you can - especially yourself!
Share what you can - especially yourself!
Buenas noches!
No comments:
Post a Comment