Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Judicial Tuesday and Rizzoli & Isles

My second day serving Jury Duty. I was Juror #11 but I was not chosen. This was very interesting       since this was my first time with 'Voir dire'.

Voir dire (/ˈvwɑr ˌdiər/) is a legal phrase that refers to a variety of procedures connected with jury trials. It originally referred to an oath taken by jurors to tell the truth (Latin: verum dicere), i.e., to say what is true, what is objectively accurate or subjectively honest, or both.

While we waited to be called I resumed a book I put down a while age - Blood, Bones and Butter: The inadvertent education of a reluctant chef. The author, Gabrielle Hamilton, was reported to have a affair with her sister's husband and I put the book down. Blood, Bones & Butter follows the chef Gabrielle Hamilton's extraordinary journey through the places she has inhabited over the years: the rural kitchen of her childhood, where her adored mother stood over the six-burner with wooden spoon in hand; the kitchens of France, Greece, and Turkey, where she was often fed by complete strangers and learned the essence of hospitality; and the kitchen of her beloved Italian mother-in-law, who serves as the link between Hamilton's idyllic past and her own future family. Unflinchingly honest, moving, beautifully crafted and funny, this is a rollicking, passionate story of food, purpose and family.

I sat in the jury seat as part of the original 14 next to a non-practicing lawyer. He picked all the folks that the lawyers would want to be thrown out. After we were all asked the same questions, I was replaced after the first round.  I came home to a Rizzoli & Isles Marathon so I was very happy!

We made it to Tae Kwon Do and Kendall has what he needs to learn to test for the yellow belt.

Buenas noches!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...