Thursday, February 14, 2013

Egress - Happy Valentine's Day!

Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself!

I was given guardianship over Kendall this morning with PANI.  Yuliana was able to drive me to PANI and translate the document for me.  After signing, we went to Walmart in Cartago to buy cakes (pasteles),  ice cream (helados), Coca Cola, cups (tapas), plates (plates), spoons (cucharas) and napkins (servilletas) for the big fiesta at Hogar Baik.  The fiesta was for Kendall and for the ninos of the Hogar.  I met Kendall's teacher, Victor, and was given his school records. The Hogar's psychologist, Julio, gave me all of Kendall's papers including pictures of when he was younger and his family.  I was given back the 2 disposable cameras I sent in the first package filled with pictures of everyone in the Hogar. I also met Kendall's hermano (brother),  Kevin, and his family, Eduardo and Kattia, who are in the process of adopting him. They are wonderful and we are committed to regular communication.  We plan to get together on Sunday (Domingo). Nuestra familia esta muy feliz (Our family is very happy).

Kendall made sure everyone had cake and Coca Cola. He hugged everyone at the Hogar and was muy emocionado (very excited). He said vamos (let's go) several times before we actually left. He was given a enciclopedia marina (marine encyclopedia) with a wonderful note inside from the nuns of Hogar Baik. We gave hugs, kisses and many muchas gracias before we left.

Yuliana, Kendall and I headed back to San Jose. I suggested RostiPollos for a late lunch since there was parking and it was close to Suites Cristina.  We had a nice lunch. Kendall's eyes were bigger than his stomach and we took part of his lunch home (llevar a casa).  We thanked Yuliana for all her help and we were on our own at Suites Cristina.

Kendall unpacked all of his things then, of course, the pool again. I did tell him there is no pool at home. It was a little chilly today so he was in the pool only for a little bit.  We looked at the marine encyclopedia and he likes mas grande sharks and seals. There is no aquarium in Costa Rica so we will go when we get back to the US. 

In RostiPollos, there were balloons (globos) for Valentine's Day and Kendall decided he wanted globos and chocolate. We found chocolate but not globos so now globos are on our list for mañana. Before we headed out on our search, Kendall found 2 room cards on the steps of Suites Cristina. We went back to the front desk to return them and a woman came up missing her room cards. She took one card to see if they were hers and we left the other at the front desk before starting out again. We started up the street and she called us (really Kendall!) back.  She wanted to thank him and gave him 500 colones.  He was beside himself to get the colones and I told buenos ojos (good eyes).

We were able to FaceTime with the abuelos  after dinner and Kendall enjoys talking to them!

Happy Valentine's Day all - many hugs and kisses.































2 comments:

  1. Best Valentine's Day gift ever!! I think it is so special that you were given guardianship on Valentine's Day! It is so cute that you will always look back on this day and be reminded of uncinditional love <3 Karyn is here with me and she says hola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison and Kendall,
    I spent a lot of time today catching up on your progress, admiring your pictures and smiling at your smiling faces. I am so excited for both of you. I wish both of you many happy moments. Thank you for sharing and taking me on your journey.
    Love and Prayers
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...