Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Kendall earned his yellow belt!

I was off today since I worked Sat so Clark and I took an extra walk then I took him to daycare while Miss Kellie took Kendall to camp. I organized the route for the Amazing Race party after scouting out the park with Clark, I had a doctor appointment, dropped off Kendall's physical forms and
Ickes up Kendall at 11:30am. We headed to Newark to finish some birthday party shopping and hast lunch at Dairy Queen with ice cream of course.

We had a good therapy session (to make up for Saturday's session) then picked up Clark. We headed home to feed everyone then headed out for the 5:45pm Tae Kwon Do class followed by the yellow belt test. The test was 2 hours and white belts went last. We FaceTimed with the Abuelos so they were able to watch Kendall. He did a great job!

From: Mr. Fox
To: White Belts testing for Yellow Belt
This belt reflects that you have at least six weeks of training and know the basics. It is okay if your child does not feel like he or she "mastered" the technique. At this level, coming to class and trying one's best are what we look for. Students in Tae Kwon Do do not determine their own readiness. One of the lessons of testing is to be prepared and rise to the occasion - and also to accept our flaws and improve on them.

Note on nerves: I like to tell the kids that nervousness is your body's way of telling you that something is important. It is normal to be nervous if you care about something. But don't let the nerves stop you. Time to talk about our tenets: perseverance and indomitable spirit. Do your best. That's all we expect.

Kendall (and I) are so proud of his yellow belt!

Buenos noches!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...