Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Middle of the week...

The bus came at 5:08pm. Kendall played with Ty for a bit. We had a nice dinner and cleaned up a bit. Kendall even vacuumed!

I had a wonderful surprise from a family I helped with childcare when I was in Junior High and High School...


Greer wrote: "Day 2 of the gratitude mala I am the oldest of 4. Today I am grateful for each of my three siblings. I love them for all of our differences and similarities, but most of all for the blood that binds us.

1. I am grateful for my sister, Drew. I do not tell her that I love her enough. We are complete opposites and we can fight like cats and dogs, but she is still my sister and she was my only sibling for almost a decade. When we were little, we once told our great-grandparents' neighbors when they asked if we were twins, that we weren't but when we got older we would be! Irish twins are as close as we got. We drove our babysitters nuts (Kathy McGuiness and Allison E Radwick), trampled through the Acres with Bianca Rose VirgilioAndrea Virgilio SchlembachHeather Pedler, and Kathleen Davenport, and truly had a magical childhood together.

2. I am grateful for my brother Brent Thompson. I remember how excited I was when he came home after his birth. Drew and I couldn't get enough of him- we would hold him, diaper him, feed him, and even dress him up like a girl! There isn't a day that passes without thinking of him. He was quick-witted, funny, and pure-hearted. He would have been 28 on August 28th…I am simply blown away how quickly time passes. I'm blessed and honored that he is now my Spirit Guide and teaches me when I journey to other worlds. The light of the soul never diminishes…

3. I am grateful for my brother, Wade Thompson. The baby of our Thompson clan is all grown-up. He is a sweet husband to Danielle and an amazing dad to his son Grove( and will also be to his future daughter). Quite frankly, he is more responsible and mature than I ever thought possible!!! I am so happy he doesn't only eat chicken nuggets and candy anymore. We have a timeless, unspoken understanding and bond. We never fight. I can talk with him more comfortably than any other member of my family. We are both fire!

I nominate my sister-in-law Danielle Thompson and my "big sister"Ellen Lee Mackenzie to pick 3 things that you are grateful for each day for the next 7 days and choose 2 people to share your gratitude with each day!"


Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...