Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas Eve

I had to work a 1/2 day in New Castle, DE and the boys were up early with me to head to the Christiana Mall to do some shopping. I dropped them off at 7am and the mall opened at 8am. By the time I was able to find a parking spot about noon, the mall was packed  and they had a great time!

I had ordered tamales from Texas that were supposed to be delivered by Wednesday Dec 23 but the package stopped in Newark, NJ at 12:30pm on Dec 22 and never moved. So I turned on Christmas music and cooked 3 meals while the boys played with Clark Kent at the park: Soy Glazed Steak with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes and Spinch with Sesame Seeds, Turkey and Sage Tetrazzini with Mushrooms on the side and Tuscan Ribollita with Parmesan Croutons. I enjoyed chopping, mixing and cooking while listening to Christmas music. I did have many windows or in the house - it has been unusually warm since the boys arrived. 

Other highlights were:
Santa are coming through on the fire truck
CK getting out even after he was supposedly exhausted from playing with the boys and getting covered in painful burrs (we all worked on getting him cleaned up)
the Christmas Eve service at church - Kendall was acolyte, Kevin, Diego and I passed out candles, Miss Claudette and I doing Altar Guild
A wonderful Christmas Eve dinner
Matching pajamas 
And finally Arthur Christmas

Buenas noches!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...