Monday, October 24, 2016

Tae Kwon Do Tournament Sunday

We served at church at the 8am service as lector and acolyte followed by Sunday School then we headed to Colonia High School in Colonia, New Jersey for Kendall's 2nd Tae Kwon Do Tournament. We arrived at lunch time and had homemade sushi - both of us liked it! Then we waited for Kendall's group (12 to 14 years old) to be called.  Kendall had another exhibition and did wonderfully.  He was injured in the middle of the first round but held his own and finished the match. Kendall is in the red and sparred against an experienced fighter.  We are all proud of him and Kendall said he will win his third match.  He is so excited about his medal!

From Mr. Fox:  I was remembering that it wasn't that long ago that every time Kendall would lift his leg he would lose his balance and fall. He has come so far. I was incredibly proud of him today. And another parent commented on how his balance has improved.

Once of Mr. Fox's advanced students did board breaking and I stopped the video by accident just as he coming down to break the multiple boards with pencils in between.  He did do it and everyone was fascinated with his routine.  We also enjoyed some weapon competitions.

And we were tired but happy this evening as well since it was a 2 hour ride home.

His award says Kendra Radwick Alejandro - a new alias for Kendall but we'll take it :-)

Buenas noches!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...