Sunday, February 5, 2017

Freedom Friday

Our boss didn't make it into work (home sick) and we hope he feels better but Arsalan and I were in the mood for an afternoon lunch adventure so we headed to the Wilmington Riverfront.  We had Joe's Crabshack in mind but then decided on a new place that has just been open 3 weeks - Del Pez Mexican GastroPub. What a good vibe with their welcome and decor when we entered! And especially when we checked out the menu.  Our waitress, Katelyn, was a lot of fun and very helpful helping us to order.  Arsalan and I wanted to try everything so we'll be back!  They have home-made guacamole and we tried their Diablo choice - hot and with crab meat.  They also have home-made cocktails that we need to try when we not on work hours :-)   Many of their dishes used pomergranates for a burst of flavor that I thought was very creative.  

Tae Kwon Do and then we relaxed the rest of the evening. TGIF :-0 And I am in a reminscent mode since Facebook reminded me that on February 3, 2013, I posted:  
Some of you may know (and some do not since I have kept this private) that I had submitted an adoption application to Costa Rica in May 2010. My application in Costa Rica was accepted in December 2011. I received a referral in this past June for a then 7 year old boy (he is now 8) named Kendall Alejandro. I accepted the match in July and since then have been completing the paperwork to go to Costa Rica to complete the adoption. Everything has been scheduled and I leave for Costa Rica on Saturday, February 9. My court date in Costa Rica Is February 25. I will be in Costa Rica for approximately one month. I will be blogging about the adoption and the website is the theradwickchante.blogspot.com. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. No gifts please but if you would like to send a card, he can open them when we get back and I can slowly introduce everyone to him.

2017 is our 4 year anniversary. I can't even explain the blessing that is Kendall.

Buenas noches!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Allison, I remember well that year you went to Costa Rica to meet Kendall for the first time & finalize his adoption.How time has flown since you both arrived back in the USA to begin your new family life together. And how he has grown, matured & blossomed with you as his Mom. Just think back,reflecting upon all the plans, adventures+memories you'll always have to cherish* I'm WISHING YOU BOTH AN ESPECIALLY HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY*

    ReplyDelete

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...