Monday, August 21, 2017

First Day of 7th Grade and Solar Eclipse Monday

Kendall was very serious for his photo then smiled for the second one. Not sure what is going on with the socks unless that is how Abuelo Ricardo wears them)!  I screwed up and thought I had a collared shirt but I did not so I get to run to the uniform store tonight :-(  Totally my fault.

And Happy Solar Eclipse Day!  The Abuelos provided Eclipse Glasses so Kendall and I each have a pair -  for us, the solar eclipse will be at its peak at 2:43:47 p.m. with 76.4% of the sun obscured by the moon.

May today's movement from light to dark to light be an invitation for reflection on the rich dance of dark and light in our ordinary lives✨ 🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔✨During the eclipse we witness the union of darkness and light. Meeting darkness is a part of our human experience, as is having faith that the light will always come again. This is an opportunity to meditate on the beauty of this cycle of light that we experience every day. Our lives, like the rest of nature, are rhythmic. 

And we are back to Tae Kwon Do.  I went grocery shopping and ran into an old friend in the cleaning aisle. We enjoyed catching up!  Mr. Fox invited the class to Pelican's Snoballs.com for a treat so Kendall enjoyed a Sour Tsumani - sour blue raspberry and bubblegum.  It was sweet!  If you try all 100 flavors in a season, you earna t-shirt.  I explained to Kendall that 100 flavors at $3 a snoball was how much?  I told him he could fund that adventure :-)

Buenas noches!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...