Sunday, May 14, 2017

Feliz Dia de Los Madres...

On this Mother's Day, I asked Kendall how felt about this day and he told me he was a little sad since he lost his family.  And I have decided this day should not be about me.  We went to church, Sunday School (where the class made mugs for their moms - they went a little crazy with the glitter glue!!!), went with Claudette to visit with Mrs. Timm who is 99 years old.  Miss Claudette helped Kendall out with a Mother's Day card that was beautiful. What wonderful words from an incredible mother herself.   We decided on Taco Pizza from Venice Pizza (photos below) and Kendall was recognized as the "Costa Rican friend."  After lunch, Kendall played with neighbors and I opened all the windows to enjoy the weather. Cordelia and Clark loved the warm breeze and I organized a bit for the week including a chicken in the crockpot.  And I watched as much Buffy the Vampire Slayer that I could for the rest of the day. 

Born in my Mother's Heart:
(Adapted from Legacy of an Adopted Child-unknown)

Once there were two women 
Who never knew each other 

One I do not remember
The other I call mother.
Two different lives
Shaped to make mine one
One was my guiding star 
The other became my sun.
The first gave me life
The second taught me how to live it
The first gave me a need for love
The second was there to give it.
One gave me a nationality
The other saved my name
One gave me the seed of talent
The other gave me an aim.
One gave me emotions 
The other calmed my fears
One saw my first sweet smile 
The other dried my tears.
One gave me up
It was all that she could see
The other prayed for a child
And was led to me.
And once I asked her 
Through many tears
The age old question 
Through the years:
"Why didn't she want me 
Why did she part?"
My mother's gentle reply,
"So you could be born in my heart."


 Embrace the journey ... 

Buenas noches!

 



 


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...