Still lots of power outages here including homes, traffic lights, schools and the YMCA. Our YMCA is closed so our plan today was for Kendall to go to the West Chester YMCA. But a check engine light appeared on our car and it was not idling correctly so we stopped by Honda. Luckily it was open and they were able to take a look at our car. The light was not flashing which requires immediate attention but the car was constantly idling. The problem was that we needed a new ignition timer. The part was in West Chester and could be completed in an hour and a half. I agreed; however, it turned into 2 and a half hours. It seems the person had trouble getting to and from West Chester. Since we were to head that way, it was almost lunch and I had to leave work early for Kendall's therapy appointment, I officially called out of work. The bonus in waiting was that we were able to catch up with Nancy Kirchgasser from church :-) We were given a rental car - a Honda Civic - to get get our appointment in Newark, DE. I was able to reschedule for an earlier time. Both Kendall and I prefer our Honda Element. We felt like we were in a spaceship in the Civic and I did not like how the car felt driving over ice. In PA there are a lot of downed wires, ice on trees and in the road, and blocked roads. In DE everything was clear. The ice on the trees are really beautiful if the branches don't fall on a house, car, on power wires or in the road.
We had a good therapist appointment with me doing all of the talking this time. We returned the car and made our way home through the traffic lights not working. Kendall studied spelling with the Abuelos and we read Axle Annie. School is closed again and we will try the West Chester YMCA tomorrow.
Buenas noches!

No comments:
Post a Comment