Saturday, February 8, 2014

Our First Photo Shoot and the Green Screen

We had a close friend from church, Gina Schmoyer, take photos of us today at her house. He had been to their house once before and once we were settled Gina was able to take lots of pictures. He was fascinated by the green screen and that he could be put in a spaceship.  We also took some SuperNino photos!

Kendall had a play date with Zachary at our house. They played in the basement and watched part if a Twister. We learned that tornadoes form from thunderstorms. You need warm, moist air from the Gulf of Mexico and cool, dry air from Canada. When these two air masses meet, they create instability in the atmosphere. A change in wind direction and an increase in wind speed with increasing height creates an invisible, horizontal spinning effect in the lower atmosphere. Rising air within the updraft tilts the rotating air from horizontal to vertical. An area of rotation, 2-6 miles wide, now extends through much of the storm. Most strong and violent tornadoes form within this area of strong rotation.

After dinner, we watched Tad, The Lost Explorer, which is movie we saw in Costa Rica.  It is a really fun movie! We are also watching Wings an animated movie he chose to watch.

As an aside, on this day last year, it was my last day of work before I left for Costa Rica. After work, I stayed up most of the night finishing packing and getting the house ready. I was also afraid my flight might be delayed for snow/ice :-)

Buenas noches!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...