Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Chickens and Arnold's Family Fun Center

We were headed to see Kendall's counselor at 7:15 am.  A little ice still on the roads but we were on time.  After his session, Miss Alba introduced Kendall to the chickens in the backyard.  They have been in the shed for the past 2 weeks since they do not like snow.  Kendall even fed them!

We were meeting Luis and Jackie at noon at Arnold's Family Fun Center but we headed directly there after we finished in Newark, DE. Jackie and Luis are waiting for their date to travel to Costa Rica for their 2 boys (hopefully they will have a date next week) and we had some things for the boys. We also have never been to Arnold's before and we wanted to check it out!  We arrived at 10:30am and after walking through I decided on a 5000 point card to see how long it took for us use it. We did some games and the Super Bounce before Jackie and Luis arrived. We ate lunch (pizza and salad buffet) and Kendall wanted to ride the Kiddie track but he was too tall so his only option was the Adult track. Luis took Kendall out on the go kart track and the car was a good speed but not too fast so they each rode again separately.  I do not have clear picture of Kendall solo because he was driving too fast (and he did ask where a picture/video of him in the go kart was).  After hitting a car in front by accident, Jackie and I yelling to slow down, Luis trying to catch him on the track and crashing into the side tires twice requiring everyone to stop he finally got the hang of it. I decided to let him try since he wanted to drive so badly and he learned a lot while he was on the track - I held my breath!

We found a Dump Truck game that Kendall was very good at and he earned so many tickets, the tickets in the game ran out.  We need to commend Luis for staying at the game until the tickets were replaced.  Kendall earned 574 tickets enough for 2 new toy cars and 2 pieces of candy.  Six hours later after lots of video games and trying Laser Tag with Jackie, we called it day.

Next time, we can try 3D Mini Golf. Arnold's is also near where I regularly bike so I do know this area pretty well. Since if was so close to dinner time we stopped by Issac's Famous Grilled Sandwiches for a quick dinner and then headed home.

Buenas noches!

Arnold's Family Fun Center





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...