Monday, April 28, 2014

Mother Son Date Knight

Chick-Fil-A created Mother-Son Date Knight  and according to their press release, "During this special medieval-themed evening, moms and their sons are encouraged to spend some time together while they enjoy dinner, great conversation and several special activities." For our area, this event is this evening in King of Prussia and we were going to be in Newark DE for a counseling session so I decided to create our own Date Knight...

Behold - our medieval-themed Mother-Son Date Knight - whatever you can imagine in your mind’s eye you can bring forth into reality and realize in your physical world. Your imagination is the magical tool that allows you to create your wildest dreams and aspirations. Your visions, your ideas, and your focus become the cosmic blueprints from your thoughts that design, shape, press, and mold the unseen into your experiences, events, and actual things.Your imagination is your future reality and you control what is written, sketched, etched, drawn, and painted into the comic blueprints of manifestations. And this lady has gathered up her young lord for a magical evening.

I would have liked to have followed Plan A: bus arrives on time, mammogram at 1:30pm, counseling appointment in Newark, DE at 4:30pm, LEGO store and Chick-Fil-A at the Christiana Mall. But alas, our plans were thwarted as we moved from Plan A to Plan B.  I am lucky this lady has an understanding lord.

In reality, the bus almost didn't come this morning but it seemed I called in the nick of time and she was able to pick him up. My mammogram took until 4:30pm to finish - after the full diagnostic, additional views including 3D photos and an ultrasound I need to come back in 6 months. I rescheduled our counseling session for tomorrow and sent word to Kendall that I would be late since I told him I would pick him up at 3:15pm. I had a race against time in rush hour traffic from West Chester to Caln Elementary arriving at 5:05pm. Kendall thought I was not going to pick home up and did mention that he thought I did not want him anymore. I explained that was simply not true and what happened. He was upset I cancelled the therapy appointment but I proclaimed that Mother-Son Date Knight commences now and we proceeded forthwith to the local Toys  R Us and Chick-Fil-A. At a Chick-Fil-A, Kendall wanted a hamburger and I had to remind him where we were and bonus us that the toy can be traded for ice cream :-0

At home, Kendall did a great job stating his new packet and spelling words. I am still a little under the weather and hopes he does not get what I have. It was a knight to remember - buenas noches!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...