Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Philadelphia Zoo and Kendall's New Red Panda - Alejandro

A beautiful day for Lions, Tigers, and Bears(oh my)! After our counseling session in Delaware, we spent the day at the Philadelphia Zoo. The Philadelphia Zoo, America's first zoo,  has 42 acres of beautiful gardens and is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Polar bears, African lions, Amur tigers, a white rhino, giraffes and more call this oasis home. We enjoyed the First Niagara Big Cats Falls, McNeil Avian Center, PECO Primate Reserve, Treetop Trail and the Great Ape Trail, one of a kind animal exploration systems allow primates to travel overhead and discover the Zoo’ s campus. Kendall loved the Hamilton Family Children’s Zoo & Faris Family Education Center, which is a wildlife academy and interactive children’s zoo offers displays and hands-on learning along with and rare and unusual goats, sheep, chickens, mini horses and ducks. KidZooU includes a 400-foot trail for rare sheep and goats, and a “goat bridge” built above the KidZooU entrance. While the goats scale their own supersize tower, children can climb a parallel structure. The Lorakeet feeding exhibit opened today so we e joyed feeding nectar to them.  Kendall and I paddled the Swan Boats.    Kendall told the Abuelos the zoo was in the middle of nowhere since we did so much walking :-)

After all of our adventures today, we are relaxing watching TV!

Buenas noches!


























1 comment:

  1. Wow! The Phila.Zoo has changed so much since I last visited (2000-2001).
    You both look as if you are having the greatest time of your lives & took lots of great photos to prove it.The swan boats must be new--I don't remember them.
    Of course, I had to see the Avian Exhibit & feed the lorikeets nectar in those little cups.Lots of them came & sat on my head & shoulders!
    Now I've got my own"avian zoo"at home: 3 Amazon parrots,1 Pionus parrot & 3 cockatiels* We still have"CoCo"rabbit."Meowser"(the black cat) is gone now ,but our home is full with the pets we have & enjoy. I'll have to suggest to Ed that we visit the new & improved Philly Zoo very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...