Monday, February 18, 2013

After a sleepless night, and a lot of crying by both Kendall and myself, today was the opposite of yesterday - a bad and good day. I had e-mailed the Daniel what happened last night before I went to bed. He e-mailed me back and said that this was normal to be expected behavior, PANI needed to be notified that Kendall was missing his brother and we needed to see whether Kendall and I could go to Cartago to see Kevin and stay overnight with their family. I was told about 8 am that we could not go to Cartago. Kendall and I need to "nest" as a family so we need family time as just the two of us. I understand that this is necessary but it breaks both my and Kendall's heart not to spend time with his brother and his family. But as you can see from the pictures, Kendall has a stronger bond with them than with me now. I then had to tell Kendall and notify Kevin's family. Neither of which I enjoyed. Needless to say, Kendall began to cry and get upset. I told him I was very sorry that we could not go but that he and I would spend the day together. That didn't help. It was suggested that we go to the zoo in Costa Rica. He would not leave our place so I said Adios and waited in the lobby. He followed me soon after. If he didn't, I guess I would still be waiting in the lobby! The Zoológico Nacional Simón Bolívar is small but it had crocodiles, turtles, a lion, a leopard, monkeys and many birds. I bought him an inflatable whale that he also enjoyed later in the pool. After that, we tried to find a restaurant that Daniel recommended but it was closed. We wandered a bit (with the inflated whale) but I was not sure where we were and Kendall kept saying 'vamos a casa (let's go home).' It was lunch time and I saw a Kentucky Fried Chicken. Yesterday, Kattia mentioned Kendall like fried chicken so we ate there. Bonus, there was a toy and helado. I convinced Kendall to go to a movie (pelicula) at the Multiplaza (mall). When we got there, we had wait an hour for the cinema to open and Kendall kept repeating 'vamos a casa y piscina and quiero ver Kevin'. Finally in English I said - maybe if you ask in English. He then tried to say everything in English and did an excellent job! Luckily, the cinema opened and he was distracted by buying tickets and getting a ring pop. We saw Tadeo Jones and it was awesome. Kendall enjoyed it holding the inflatable whale the whole time. We headed home and he went in the pool for about a 20 minutes since it was cold. And then to my surprise, he practiced English for about an hour and a half solamente (by himself). I have english picture books and he only used the educational apps on the ipad. He did not ask for television until after dinner. He repeated the English I spoke and helped make dinner. Tomorrow we meet with PANI - I want to be sure Kendall is esta bien (ok) and that I am not missing anything.

Muchas gracias por sus oraciones y pensamientos (many thanks for your thoughts and prayers)

Buenas noches!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...