I went in search of an iglesia (church) this morning but discovered that none are within walking distance of the apartotel. I needed to get back to Suites Cristina by 10 am to see if my suite could changed since I was given a room with 2 queen beds not 1 queen bed and 2 twin beds. I was able to switch suites and unpacked my bags. I will venture downtown this week to find a catedral for next Sunday. I did find a Fresh Market, the National Stadium, a McDonalds and La Sabana Parquet, which is 178 acres with lots to do.
I met with the lawyer, Sergio, and Daniel, a social worker for lunch today. I will meet with the social worker from PANI tomorrow at 8:30am and then hopefully Kendall at Hogar Baik tomorrow tentatively at 10:30am. What happens from our first meeting will determine what happens next. I am sure both Kendall and I will not sleep a wink tonight! He does not speak English and I speak un poco Espanol but we'll figure it out. I am hoping I can spend the whole day with him.
I am organizing the suite "like home" so when he is ready, it will feel like home to him. Daniel took me to Masxmenos, a larger grocery store, and went over Costa Rican kitchen staples. I purchased a few things. Once I know more of what Kendall likes, I can finish stocking the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment