Happy Thursday!
Kendall and I have been living as Mom (Mama) and Son (Hijo) for one full week. And a week and half since our lives began to merge as one. It has been challenge for both of us but for me, this has been the most life-changing, amazing experience in my life thus far.
This morning, we went to breakfast by the pool. Kendall forgets to say hello and good morning before he starts talking but we are working that. He now listens when I say not too much and has started to ask me for help when he needs it. He loves cereal with yogurt, cafe (coffee), fruits (frutas) and omelets. It takes a few minutes for him to get what he wants and I chase him around to see that asks properly, doesn't make a mess and says please, thank you and excuse me. Then I try to grab something for myself. He always finishes before I do. Today; however, Geraldo was just setting up to clean the pool. Kendall started to head towards him and I called him back to tell him to ask Geraldo if he can help him in Englsh. Geraldo said yes and now Kendall is an expert at cleaning the pool. Kendall asked many questions such as why the pool was blue and about the vacuum. And for the first time, I enjoyed coffee by the pool.
Again, it was 9:30am and we had to wait until 10am to go in then pool so we went home to wait. Kendall wrote is name on an iPad app - see below. He also asked to help with 'the little crane that could' app but I need to practice manipulating and driving the crane. Perhaps Abuelo Ricardo will be better at this...
We went in the pool for about 15 minutes then Kendall had enough so we went home. There was a lot of maintenance work being done in the Apartotel with precaucion signs in a lot of areas. Kendall is not it too keen in walking a lot but I decided to ask him if he would like to take the San Jose City Bus Tour. To my surprise, he said yes and we were lucky to get the last 2 seats on the tour!
While waiting for the bus, we FaceTimed with the abuelos and they had snow in Arizona. Abuelo Ricardo made a snowball (bola de nieve) and showed it Kendall. I think if Kendall held the snowball and felt how cold it was, he would have been more excited!
Carla was our bilingual tour guide. Kendall was the only child on the bus but asked as many questions as the adults. Carla mentioned after we started to please ask questions just like Kendall. His first question was about her job. The San Jose City Tour included an orientation to San Jose, stopping at the National Monument, National Theater (which is absolutely beautiful - we also were able to listen to a classical piano player on stage), Museo del Banco Central and a stop at jewelry shop with cafe, soda and gauro (a liquor made by distillation process of sugarcane juices, resulting in an alcohol that is clear in color and has a slightly sweet flavor). Kendall was fabulous, I have to say. I was on him like white on rice. He was a little antsy in Museo del Banco Central since he looks at exhibits quickly but he held my hand, behaved very well and asked many preguntas. He did at the last stop announce that he was going to have guaro and I, of course, said no. He has a good sense of humor and I think so do I. I was asked by the folks on the tour what my relationship was to Kendall. I answered that he was my son. Then, interestingly enough I was asked if I was married a Costa Rican. I just answered no. I was also asked if he was bilingual so I think we deserve some kudos!
And thank goodness Kendall decided to change the channel from Disney Kids to Disney Junior. I will admit, though, I really like Dino Dan :)
Tomorrow is a practice run at PANI for our court date Monday - wish us luck tomorrow and Monday!
2 days until the grandparents are here (2 días hasta que él abuelos están aquí)!
Buenas noches!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...












How wonderful that your parents will be arriving soon....Kendall must be excited.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on your court date and will be saying a prayer that all goes smoothly. Hope you and Kendall will be home in PA soon.....:)