We started with today somehow ending up with Kendall's clean fork in the pool. Actually, I know how it happened - he wasn't paying attention walking to the table and in it went. Abuelo Ricardo used the pool net to fish it out!
The Abuelos gave Kendall a small New Testsment Bible en Espanol dated February 25, 2013. He was excited it was en Espanol. Kendall made a kaleidoscope picture on the iPad and practiced telling time a bit. We ventured to Mercado Centrales in San Jose downtown. It has anything you could imagine or want to buy. Kendall now has his own reloj de pulsera (wristwatch). He also asked me for a hamster to which I replied maybe en Los Estados Unidos. I don't know how Rosalind, our cat, or Cordelia, our dog, would react to a hamster! We stopped by one store preparing and selling nuts. Kendall asked for a combo nut/dried fruit mix that was very good!
We then visited the Teatro Nacional. Kendall and I had been there once before but we both enjoyed it so we decided to take the Abuelos. It is a beautiful theater. Outside the Teatro, Kendall and I fed the pigeons.
Kendall wanted to go to Pollo Campero for almuerzo, which is like a fast food chicken restaurant. And what a surprise - a play area. He played for quite awhile! I think we have been to every fast food restaurant with a play area cerca de La Sabana Norte!
Kendall then, of course, went in the pool. He holds his breath underwater longer and with new inflatable tube is now comfortable in the deep end. Once we were home, I told him he had to wait 1 hour to watch TV, which would be 5pm. He played with an iPad app Telling Time until 6pm. The more times he answered correctly, he received a star (estrella). Five estrellas let's you pick a new fish (pescado) in the aquarium. He wanted mas pescado. He mastered basic time today - at least in Espanol so the app is upgraded for tomorrow!
We are going to Manuel Antonio National Park tomorrow so we need to get to bed early!
Buenos Noches!

















Hola,Allison. It is just wonderful being able to follow your blog. Thank you for sharing all your experiences. Kendall sure has been busy during the past two weeks.....hope he doesn't get bored when you take him back home! For sure you will just HAVE to get a backyard pool this summer, Kendall enjoys the swimming so much. Give my regards to the abuelos. Take care, God Bless and hope we get to see you all real soon.
ReplyDelete