Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Nasty Storm with Flooding Rains

I woke up to hearing rain that turned into a torrential downpour with thunder and lightening. Cordelia was very displeased and would not go outside.  Rosalind went out and came back in and I think, Liam would have gone out given the opportunity. By the time we left for the YMCA, the storm drain behind our house was 3/4 full. We took the 30 bypass since our usual way has an underpass that always floods. We were at the YMCA at our usual time but the 30 bypass was already backed up.  

It took me 1 and 1/2 hours to get to work. I tried to see if I could take the back roads but police were everywhere and roads were closed.  I ended up back in wall to wall traffic on the 30 bypass and 202 north. I passed 3 serious accidents and arrive 30 minutes late but I arrived safely! 

I picked up Kendall and no Parental Feedback Forms today!  When we arrived home, he checked that his toys in the basement were OK while I took care of Cordelia.  I was afraid that the storm drain may overflow and we would have water in our basement. Kendall was very concerned with his toys and i heard a 'Yeah' from basement that all was well.  Kendall investigated our new lake (at least for a while) in the back yard. In the video below, he found a ball in the water, was able to retrieve it and asked neighbors outside if it was theirs before it ended up in our garage :-)

He studied with abcmouse.com before and after dinner.  I monitored his abcmouse.com choices so he really did study. We also read tonight.  He chose The Cat in the House and had to empty all of his Tummystuffers to find his Dr. Seuss peluche to hold while we read the book. It is in Spanish and English and we enjoyed cuddling and reading it together.  We also read SkippyJon Jones since he also has one pequeno and one mas grande peluche, which he also had to also find in his Tummystuffers.  We used the iPad story app to read and plan to read another SkippyJon Jones book another day.

My favorite phrases of the night were 'Liam está bebiendo de la taza del baño - It's disgusting!' And I told him cats like to drink out of the toilet :-)  Kendall told me he was going to punch me in the face when Liam was acting loco and I told Liam that I was going to let Cordelia take care of him.  I told him that I would not let anything happen to any person on animal in our house. I teased if he trusted me (¿Confías en mí?) and he said yes :-)

Buenas noches!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...