Thursday, August 22, 2013

YMCA Talent Show and Kendall's Best Friend Marcus

Today was the YMCA Talent Show. Kendall played the recorder and then his guitar for a few seconds. He was the second to perform and one if a handful of children performing solito. All of the children were very talented with lots of gymnastics, dancing and singing.   His best friend, Marcus, was the last to perform. He ate an EXTRA HOT Mini Barcel Takis Fuego Hot Rolled Tortilla Corn Chip. These corn chips are a favorite with the campers! Here is the song:

Hot cheetos and takis
Hot cheetos and takis
I can’t get enough of these hot cheetos and takis
Got my fingers stained red and I cannot get them off me
You can catch me and my crew eating hot cheetos and takis

Snack snack snack crunch
Snack snack snack munch
Hot cheetos and takis
Hot cheetos and takis
You can catch me and my crew eating hot cheetos and takis

Yesterday, for the first time, Kendall achieved all caras de felices for every behavior on his behavior chart. Felicidades, Kendall, estoy tan orgulloso de ti!  However, today, he was also written up for hitting and throwing his backpack at the camper. I talked to a counselor and some kids were asking him questions about God and then this occurred. She also told me the other boys were culpable as well. The parental feedback form mentions he was badgered by other children and it was not totally his fault but he is accountable for his reaction. Kendall told me it was 2 older boys asking him about God, the devil and bad people. I know Kendall is very sensitive about this subject since we have have multiple conversations about Dios, el Diablo y malo personas. Kendall answered but did they continued to ask him so he hit them.  We talked about saying "I don't like this and Please stop" and getting an adult next time. 


He went The Golf Zone with the YMCA and had a great time. He loves the Go Karts and wants to go back with Kevin when he comes to the US. He has a list of mucha costa to do with Kevin when he visits!

Tonight, Nikki stayed with Kendall and I met Kendall's third grade teacher Mrs. Applegate.   I like Mrs. Applegate immensely but she will have 32 children in her class this year.  She requested and does have all of the 3rd grade English as a Second Language (ESL) students. Kendall will also have Marcus and Pearse with him in his class as well.  I offered my help and gave her Kendall's background so we can brainstorm to help him learn.  I also saw Mrs. Stover, the guidance counselor, to give her an update on Kendall as well. She will bring Kendall to Mrs. Applegate's class on Monday. When I came home, Kendall and Nikki continued to play Busytown for another hour and a half since they were having so much fun!

I also will not be working with the Jefferson School of Pharmacy Pharmaceutics Lab this semester, which in light of helping Kendall adjust this school year is a good thing. I will spend more time helping in Mrs. Applegate's class!

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...