Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

Kendall tried to stay up until midnight but at 11:25 pm he called it a night. He was on the fence as to whether Santa would come. He did see Santa on the fire truck that came through our development yesterday and asked me if I saw him. He does know that Santa is not real but was excited to see what he would bring. I did tell him I let Santa know that he should stop here, that he comes only when you are asleep and we did leave cookies out :-) We both fell asleep very fast. I woke up at 2:30 am to put all the gifts downstairs. I was up at 6:30 am and was able to get coffee and relax before he woke up about 7:30 am.

He had a lot of presents and we took our time. He loved them all but here are some of his favorites: the monster trucks and racing set, hot wheels all tracks, straw glasses and fun straws, aquabot, diving submarine, a real tie from Carlos and Adrienne with Carlos promising to show Kendall how to tie it properly, one of the ukulele's that belonged to my grandfather, the telescope and gingerbread house kits from Tia Coreen and Abuela Ginny and, of course, money from Tio Juan Fabio.

My favorite comments today:
Tio Carlos and Primo John Paul always send clothes. I personally am very grateful since they send jeans and shirts he loves to wear.
Why did you wrap the Laser Fingers? He had already seen them and I told him because we hadn't opened the package yet.
Where are the presents on my list? I did tell him that he would not get all of them.
Too many presents. And then later are there any more presents?
Too many Legos.

We went to Adrienne and Carlos's for breakfast after all of the presents at our house were opened. Kendall had more presents waiting for him there including a remote controlled car. He also played the harp with Adrienne. We enjoyed the great food and conversation. Thanks so much to both of them for spending time with us!

We went home and Kendall played with his toys. She took a bath to play with his aquabot and diving submarine. We also cleaned up a bit. I made a turkey and a very wonderful Mexican-Style Lime and Cilantro White Chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and cornbread stuffing. We had lots left over :-). We had coconut cake for dessert.

We are relaxing watching TV in our new pajamas - buenas noches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...