Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cinco Dias hasta Kendall's Cumpleanos...

The ESL program has changed for next year and I spoke to the Jason Palaia, Coatesville Area School District Director of Elementary Education/Curriculum and Instruction 3-5/Special Education K-5, today about Kendall.  The new ESL teacher will rotate every 3 days so I want a plan in place for Kendall when the school year starts and throughout.  He will go to the same school for now but I will investigate other options (Collegium in Exton) as well. One of the YMCA counselors told me he speaks English well but as soon as he hears something he doesn't like he speaks in Spanish. We are working on learning that he has to listen and he may have to do things he doesn't like because his group or class is doing it together.  We have started to talk about the new school year and expectations of him in the classroom.

On the way home I asked Kendall if he listened to the story at reading time today. He told me no but when I told him I would give him $10 if he could tell me what the story was about he sat up. Then he told me about some cookies that were sent in the mail to be eaten.  Not sure if this was the story though!   Today he did get into some trouble for spitting (escupir). He lost 30 minutes of TV time.  When I asked him why he spat, it took him a bit to answer then he told me he needed to spit since he ate insects. I told him he should not eat insects and he should spit into a napkin! Usually when he takes time to answer he did do what he hould not and is trying o ome up with a good reasonwhy he did it. There is no good reason to spit nd 2 exclamation points were on his behavior sheet so he did it more than once.

Two packages were on our doorstep from The Cardoso's. They are also waiting for a match from Costa Rica through Pearl S. Buck International. When I explained to Kendall who the packages were from, he told me I had to call PANI immediately to tell them to match them to children in Costa Rica.    Part of the package was ripped so he has an idea what it and is excited to open the present!

We did the letters M to Z to finish the alphabet. He told me the cursive F and T and the K and X look the same. He was right and we went over the differences. He still has trouble counting from 12 to 20 in English and we are working on that, too.

Buenas noches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...