Monday, July 15, 2013

YMCA Castiga and I LOVE VBS (Day 2)!

The YMCA Castiga was no TV and bedtime at 9 pm tonight. Kendall was written up for taking water from the water cooler and throwing it on the ground 3 times.  He was told to stop and sit down. He did not and ended up with several time outs. He was one of about 15 write- ups today. He tried to blame it on  boy who hit his water bottle and made him spill it. He told me this as we walked to the car. So we went back to the counselors and 2 counselors told me he took and dumped water and did not listen at least 3 times. We discussed this all way to VBS. I told him I believed him that there was a boy that hit his water bottle that made him spill water on the ground that the counselors did not see BUT he was written up for doing it himself and not listening 3 times.

At VBS, we had dinner and by dessert Kendall put a brownie on top of a cupcake and told me he loved me. I was not needed tonight so I headed home to take care of Cordelia and set up for tomorrow.  Time for myself - I love VBS!

I headed back to church at 8 pm for the recap. Kendall made me a beautiful necklace (which he told me was not for me when we got home and I told him he needed to shower, bed time was at 9pm, no TV and only reading with me).  Kendall took my picture with Hannah Barr, who I had in Sunday School and enjoy spending time with her and her Mom, Barb. Kendall is intrigued by my relationship with her since she is very affectionate with me when he does not choose to be.   We are getting together for a pool party this Friday night with Hannah, Barb and other  friends from church and Hannah told be she wants pink lemonade and for dessert chocolate cake with oranges and apples.  She also told me she was going to marry chocolate cake. I told her that sounded like a great idea and asked if I could do that, too :-0

All was well, until we headed home and I reminded him no TV. Kendall was displeased with the castiga but he needs to learn to think before he acts. He did take a shower but it took some doing. I was ready to put him to bed right way and have him get up early. We read first Curious George book AGAIN. I translated the English to Spanish and paraphrased a lot.  Un montón de trabajo para la mamá, pero valió la pena. We cuddled in bed for this part. Te amo, Kendall - mañana será otro día!

Buenas Noches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...