It was a beautiful day and I wished I didn't have to go to work. Today Kendall's YMCA trip was to Bell Tavern Park. When I picked him up it was even more beautiful and he had told me he had mucho agua divertido at the YMCA and the park.
Tonight we worked on 4 pages of math. There were a lot of math problems on each page and it took us until 8:20pm to finish. When he finally realized he needed to complete the peoblems to watch TV he did do a great job. We sat together at the table and I only helped him when he tried first and couldn't figure it out. We both made number lines and used our fingers. I told him he needed to understand what the question was asking and how to solve it since I will not be with him at school. We sat at the dining room table and I was using the iPad when he wasn't trying. We developed a system that he would try to do the problem first and if he needed help he would say 'ding dong' and we would finish it together.
He took a quick shower and he was able to watch 30 minutes of SpongeBob before bed. He also had a splinter we removed tonight from his finger. Lots of kisses and a band-aid. Before he went to bed I heard him say - Mañana es tres dias hasta Kendall's cumpleanos [And in English Tomorrow is 3 days until my happy birthday]. :-)
Buenas noches!

No comments:
Post a Comment