Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Nothing exciting today. We stopped by the mercado for Pop Tarts and food items I promised to bring for Vacation Bible School starting Sunday. Kendall was fascinated when I told him they had yucca from Costa Rica. He really wanted me to buy it but I told him I wanted to learn more about it before we did. The mercado is in our way home so it is easy or us to stop there. Here is what I found: Yucca is a starchy root vegetable, similar to a potato. Apparently, this commonly cooked in every household in Costa Rica. So we must have it - and from what I read, it is better than potatoes when deep-fried! Kendall has an interesting food palate since the salad we ate tonight was feta cheese, lettuce, nuts and cranberries with a sweet dressing. Yesterday we had couscous!

He negotiated using the computer and no book pages tonight. He did do the alphabet and numbers and spent almost an hue on the computer. He is very good in the beginning and end but forgets the middle of the alphabet. We ended with SpongeBob.

Tomorrow, Kendall goes to the Lancaster Science Factory and will send the evening with Nikki and and I am going with Pam and Deb out for dinner and a play. Buenas noches!

P.S. I finally backed up all my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...