Friday, March 15, 2013

Addendum to 14Mar2013

After posting yesterday, Kendall and I went to Burger King. It was not in the agenda when the day started; however, in trying to get to the US Embassy I offered it as a reward in advance of good behavior. And it worked! I actually told him McDonald's but he changed it to Burger King since it had a mas grande área de juegos - 2 pisos.  Kendall chose 6pm to go and we walked there.  We stopped to watch a car be loaded onto to a tow truck.  He was intrigued with the cable attached to the car, the driver steering inside the car and the leveling of the platform after the car moved up the incline.  I told him we have a neighbor (vecino) and Abuelo Ricardo's Papa was a mechanic (mecánico).  He talked about this all the way to Burger King!

Another corona (English speaking folks - that is a crown and not a beer!), a niño meal and a combo meal for me, we were enjoying cena. He offered para compartir (to share) ketchup on his own. I usually have to ask. Then on to play!  

I thought we would be the only 2 there but we had a wonderful chance meeting with Melanie and her son John Carlos.  John Carlos was 10 and with Kendall approaching 9, they were fast friends. While they played, Melanie and I chatted. At first, superficially, especially since she spoke mostly Spanish and I speak mostly English. I have a decent comprehension of what is said to me in Spanish and my responses are at times limited because I do not know the Spanish translation.  But from trying to speak both languages, that happens to a lot of people.  As we talked, both she and I were able to share how we all came to be at Burger King tonight, where we lived, what we do, married or not, how many children, ages and what our child(ren) liked.  A lot of what we talked about was personal for me and for her and for our children and I truly felt like I was talking Mamá a Mamá. 

Melanie y John Carlos, gracias tanto para su franqueza, comprendiendo y la amistad. Kendall sabe que creció en el corazón y no físicamente en mi cuerpo. Nuestros hijos son siempre en nuestros corazones. Gracias, Dios, como trabaja en maneras misteriosas. Nosotros nunca nos olvidaremos esta noche. Allison y Kendall

It was a noche especial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...