Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Estrellas diarias (Daily Stars)...

In the morning before school Kendall can earn 4 stars - one for a shower, one for getting dressed, one for brushing his teeth and the fourth for making his bed.  He is great with the shower and getting dressed, so so with brushing his teeth and definitely needs work making his bed. Kendall is very proud of his peluches and this morning organized them all on two shelves in his room in an effort to earn 4 stars before we started today.  The 2 band aids on his wrist are from a "piscina" bano incident on Monday morning when he was a little loco and hurt his hand.  He has promised tranquilo solamente since then!

I created an ambitious day!  I had a dentist appointment at 8:30am in Exton.  Kendall met Nellie, my favorite dental hygienist, and my dentist, Dr. Faith Madden.  Nellie showed him what she was doing and he was fascinated by the oral cancer exam since you put on special glasses, Kendall decided by the end of the visit that the dentists was muy bueno and he will go next week for his cleaning.  I gave him 3 more stars for being so good plus he received 4 small toys from the reception area.   Then we headed to AI duPont Hospital for Children for our appointment with Dr. Amy Renwick.

Once we checked in,  he was given a new stuffed animal - a rabbit and an egg the once in water cracks and hatches.  We have added the water and are anxiously awaiting the egg to hatch!  We had a great visit the Dr. Renwick. Kendall earned many more stars for his cooperation. We were up to 10 additional stars by the end of the visit.  He played with the oxygen and vacuum line, used the stethoscope, figured out how to turn off all the lights and checked my ears.  He is curious about everything.  He did not like having his blood pressure taken or blood drawn.  He was fabulous for the blood draw even though he did get upset. Of course, he earned more stars and decided he should receive 5 just for la extracción de sangre.  I was very impressed with him noting all the ninos in wheelchairs were muy especial.  I promised McDonald's as a late lunch :)   Then we stopped quickly in all the pharmacy areas to say hello before leaving.

In the car, Kendall told me he preferred Burger King instead of McDonald's because the toys were better so we went to the Burger King drive thru.  He had to process the no caminar with the drive-thru but I think he liked it.   We had to drop off tax information for my cousin's trust.  Kendall was also excellent for that acquiring more stars.  We stopped by The Dollar Store and he picked out a blue glow in the dark trident and silly string.  He wanted to use the silly string in the car and our conversation home was why we can't do that! By the end of the day he had earned 26 stars counting in Espanol and English.

He then surprised me with choosing the movie The Pirates - In an Adventure with Scientists!  to watch.  It was a sopresa for me.  I had not seen it and we both enjoyed it. I actually bought this film for me!

The_Pirates!_In_an_Adventure_with_Scientists!

Buenas noches!




















1 comment:

  1. I prefer burger king as well for the toys !

    I also got my sneakers so Kendall and I are now twins!

    ReplyDelete

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...