Sunday, March 10, 2013

Feliz Domingo!

For those of you reading yesterday's blog, I listened to and considered the warning about long and multiple visits between Kendall and Kevin but I have no regrets about this weekend.  I decided to err in the experience of familia when we can all be together to create nuevo memories as dos familias together than to spend time apart on Domingos.

Kendall and I were up early to get ready to hard to Cartago via taxi, bus and taxi again.  Kendall was excited to see Kevin and decided no desayuno.  I brought conflech just in case and since we were ready early, I thought we could find a place to get something to eat near the Basilica de Los Angeles. We were meeting Kevin, Eduardo, Kattya and Diego at 9am and we arrived a little after 8am.  Kendall and I found a panaderia and we each picked out a pastry. Kendall also wanted a
cappuccino since Thursday and today he finally had one.  Then back to the Basilica to meet up with everyone. The first picture is Kendall with our gifts for Hogar Baik and the pictures that follow are Kendall looking for Kevin - we had a bit of a wait since we arrived so early :)  I did make one video from outside of the Basilica during the 8 am service.

We met just before the 9am and attended the church service.  After church, we went to Hogar Baik.  We visited with the children that were there.  Many of them were at church but we hugged, talked and played with the children.  We brought a card for everyone at Hogar Baik (todo el mundo en el Hogar Baik) decorated by Kendall, individually packed gelatin for the children and a monetary gift for the Hogar so they purchase or fix what is most needed.

It was a beautiful day but the boys decided on Parques de Diversiones.  Kattya was also going to teach me to make arroz con leche. I did not have a rice cooker so Kattya brought hers and the necessary ingredients that I did not have.  En route to San Jose, we met Kevin's Abuelos on Eduardo's side.  We also met another Tia and more Tios.  Diego lives in the house next door. Last evening, we met Kattya's familia. Both familia's gave Kendall and myself a warm bienvenidos and for that I can't thank everyone enough (No puedo agradecer lo suficiente a todos)! We have been invited back with open arms and were asked when that would be!  I think Kendall and I will have to start planning a trip back!  Now, I just need to have everyone's names written down so Kendall and I can start a family tree :)

We went to Multiplaza del Este for lunch.  We all ate at different places in the food court but all fast food - Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy's and Pizza Hut. The boys love hamburguesas and papas. After lunch, it was too late to go to Parques de Diversiones so we went to  El Museo de Ciencias Naturales La Salle. It is close to Suites Cristina near the southwest corner of Parque La Sabana and it has an extensive collection (more than 65,000 specimens) in zoology, paleontology, archeology and mineralogy with a spectacular dinosaur.  Some of the animals look like they’re about to disintegrate but it was a fascinating display of taxidermy.  We all enjoyed wandering the museum.

Then we headed back to Suites Cristina to learn how to make arroz con leche.  Kattya taught me the family recipe and it was muy rico!  Sorry, I can't share the recipe but I am pretty confident about making it solo!  The guys watched TV and played with the remote controlled helicopter.  We all ended the evening watching Hombres de Negro (Men in Black) en Espanol.


Buenas Noches!

Allison and Kendall




















































1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Basilica de los Angeles en Cartago! "Wishing on a star"...Allison faithfully continued to make wishes on many stars over many years...Then a day finally arrived when one of those sparkling, shining stars became a "falling star" and landed right in her arms...His name is
    "Kendall Alejandro Radwick"...and many joys, adventures and experiences await them as they
    travel through life together as mother & son! Love to both of you, from"KAR"en Andrasi*



    ReplyDelete

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...