Kendall and Cordelia slept together alone in Kendall's room! And Rosalind slept with me in my room! It was 9:50pm when we finished talking with Kevin, Eduardo and Kattya. Yesterday was a muy especial dia for Kevin, Eduardo, Kattya and Diego since their family is "official!" Everyone was excited, happy and Kattya made a maravilloso corazón chocolate cake that Kendall and I wished we could taste! When we went upstairs, I told Kendall sleeping on the floor hurt my back and that Cordelia wanted to sleep with him. She relaxed on his bed, I gave them both a beso and abrazo and bid them 'Buenas noches.' After 2 tries, they both went to sleep! I checked on them at 2am and all was well. I took Cordelia outside at 6am when I woke up. We'll see what happens tonight...
Kendall woke up while I was FaceTiming with the Abuelos. After chatting with them, he watched some TV and asked for more circus waffles - thanks again Tia Coreen! After that, we hit a wall. He asked me to change the TV channel multiple times. I told him 4 times how to ask - please, change the channel in English. And I told him most of the people at church tomorrow and school on Monday speak only English so he needs to practice. After that, I talked to him only in English, turned the TV off and told him to ask me in English. He was very displeased and decided this was not his house. I carried him upstairs to his room and told him te amo mucho pero no esuchame so no TV, no animales de peluche o juguetes and he had to stay in his room. I removed all of the animales de peluche o juguetes from his room while I said this. I went into my room to take a shower and get dressed and he called Mom to tell me in Spanish that he was not going to call me Mom but Allison. I said OK in English and closed his door. I went to take a shower. As I got out, I heard him call Mom and I thought I should make sure he was OK so I went to his room with wet hair and in a towel. He laughed and told me at he wanted to take a bath and get dressed to meet the vecinos. All was well again.
Below are photos in the tub, Kendall and Emma in the trampoline and Kendall enjoying hot chocolate. Kendall was very cute and tried to do everything Emma did. We also biked to the playground and Kendall played there as well. We met vecinos Ana, Emma and Abby next door and Bruce and Ryan 2 houses down while he biked the cul-de-sac.
We are watching Up again since we didn't finish watching it last night. And this afternoon, Kendall mastered, please change the channel in perfect English.
Tomorrow is Domingo de Ramos and we are both excited to go to nuestra iglesia!
Buenas noches!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...





No comments:
Post a Comment