Sunday, March 10, 2013

Feliz Sabado!

Kendall was muy sueno this morning and slept in. I was playing with iPad apps I downloaded for Kendall this morning. I was trying to vet a few of the apps before Kendall found them since he he asks me how they work when he can't figure them out. I also wanted to delete the apps that we didn't like. Phonics and telling time are high priorities right now.

Kendall heard me and we spent about 45 minutes using a few apps and practicing English. It was close to time the breakfast by the pool finishes so I reminded him to take a shower, get dressed and make his bed so we could go. He finished and even remembered to brush his teeth without me having to ask. He decided we should not have breakfast by the pool but in our place. This is becoming a trend! So we had conflech (cereal) con leche para mi and con yogur para Kendall.

I made him practice English again.  He was resistant but through the morning he practiced letter pronunciation, ABCs and today he wanted to listen to a story in Spanish.   I want to practice reading espanol and english with him so this is a good start and is on my agenda for this week.  This week I am also going to start giving him lists to complete each day. We'll see how that goes!

The reward for studying was the pool.  New videos are below.  One side of one of the inflatable twisty hole now has a hole - probably from him sitting on it on the side of the pool. But no problema - he has new configurations to use in the pool in the works!   Once we were back in our place, we cut off the one side and he put on his head, foot and hand!

I did have 1 surprise today for Kendall - we were going to visit with Kevin's Abuelos tonight with Kevin, Eduardo and Kattya. He only knew he had a sopresa en la tarde.  He did not know what the

sopresa was or what time he would get the sopresa. They were a little late and Kendall was getting a little angry since he studied mucho today.  The phone makes a sound with the text and they had texted they were late. Kendall heard the noise and wanted to call Kevin.   I asked him - ¿confías en mí (do you trust me)?  And he said yes.  Then I said - espera, su sorpresa es un poco tarde (wait, your  surprise is a little late). They texted me when they arrived and Kendall was mad we had to walk in front of the hotel.  When he saw his surprise, I think he couldn't believe it at first!  We didn't tell him where we were going but from the driving route he figured it out. We had a wonderful time meeting more of Kevin's family - Abuelos, Tias Tios, Prima and Primo.  We had increíble comida (and of course, cafe), conversation and even played ball.  What a buenvenidos!  We ended  at the San Pedro mall to meet up with Diego, who had to work during the day. We randomly looked around and mas comida for all the guys! When we got home Kendall looked at me and Fue una buena sopresa (It was a good surprise)!

I was warned to limit the time of Kendall and Kevin and I was also told I was the Mom making the final decisions.  Sunday, we will all meet at the Basilica in Cartago then go to the volcan if the visibility is good or Parque de Diversiones. We will also stop by Hogar Baik with a gift for the ninos and the sisters. Tonight, we will see if this was a good idea or not.

Buenas!































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...