Saturday, April 6, 2013

¿Dónde están los guantes (Where are the gloves?)

We had a car appointment this morning at Honda. Kendall didn't see the garage after we parked so the person who checked us in showed him the mas grande garage. The car ended up needing more work, or an Kendall put it 'Nuestra carro es muy enferma' than the 150,000 mile check.  We had a seal fixed and brake work so we had a long morning waiting. We called the Abuelos then looked at new cars while waited for the car.  He learned about the miles per gallon and how it related to the size of the vehicle.  We looked at many used cars an compared the mileage per gallon to our car. He also likes gumball machines! So we spent the entire morning at Honda!

We went out to lunch then headed to the car wash.  Kendall enjoyed watched our car go through and a few other cars. He loves Jeeps! We arrived home and he wanted to go biking.  He asked me for his gloves and I did not have them.  And since he did not have them - ¿Dónde están los guantes (Where are the gloves?).  Well, I offered him different gloves but he did not want them.  He wanted those gloves.  We had a conversation about responsibility and that we need to keep track of our things.  I then called Honda and they did not have them.  I told him we could get back into into the car to go look for them but it will take a lot of time.   Since he was upset, we retraced all of our steps this morning and went back to every spot looking and asking if anyone had turned them in. We had nuestra dedos cruzado but we did not find them.  Ultimately, we decided he did not really did not need them today and he agreed to buying new ones. All was well again.

When we got home, we biked and played at the playground for quite awhile - today was beautiful outside!  He was fascinated with a person fishing.  He asked lots of questions and even found another y shaped stick to hold the second fishing rod!  Kendall found another path today - mostly a rock path- to ride our bikes. I had him test it out with his bike  to make sure he could ride the path. And with that he was gone.  I told him we would ride together tomorrow!

Kendall then played with vecinos, Melanie and Oscar.  First at our house then at theirs.  He had a great time and was excited to show off his room and our house and visit another house. He went by himself to the vecinos and during our dinner we talked about their house, cars and muchos animales (dogs, fish and hamsters).  After dinner, I did get him to practice some math.  He did very well using the number line and I taught him the trick that any number minus zero was that number.  We tested that on a number line then he quickly answered all those questions.  Tomorrow I will show him any number minus one is the number before that number. I did get a big kiss and muy facil from him!

We ended our day Skyping with Kevin and Kattya, playing with the Unvincible Tornado in the dark and watching How to Train Your Dragon: Dragons Riders of Berk - in English. :o

Buenas Noches!



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...