"Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or ... I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.- Anonymous"
Luckily, Kendall also sees the positive side of life - he just needs it pointed out to him once in awhile. We are working on our morning routine and we have made it to the middle of the week! Getting up is no fun and Kendall likes incentives so today he wanted to see the regalos we received yesterday from the fiesta where I work. I told him en la noche and he quickly got himself ready for the day.
He has done fabulously at the YMCA program at school before and after work and school itself. In the car home, he told me several words in Spanish and English (mariposa-butterfly, puerta-door, blanco-white). His favorite sentence now is sit down, which is he tells Cordelia right before they go to bed and the other favorite sentence is please change the channel. What he does not like now is homework from school (la tarea de la escuela). He was told again tonight that this is primero. We discussed this for about a half hour and this included him telling me hasta luego and that he was going to otra casa. I asked him which house was he going to and he said the vecinos. I told him that in all the otra casas la tarea de la escuela was también la primera and hasta luego. He stopped at the front door and started to cry. I sat at the dining room table and called him over. He sat on my lap and we talked about why homework from school was important and that it will be first on Mondays, Thursdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We then worked on math, spelling and grammar!
The photos below are Kendall waiting to see all the regalos from work. He received many gift cards to which he replied dinero with each card! He loved the futbol norteamericano, bubble wand and decided to wear the summer pajamas tonight! He clapped when I told him we had tickets to the Delaware Children's Museum, again for the Please Touch Museum and also for the Philadelphia Zoo. What he loved the most was the Invincible Tornado Car, which is a remote controlled stunt car that lights up. We are going to set that up tomorrow.
Kendall took a bath and we ate cena before watching How To Train Your Dragon, which somehow ended at exactly 9pm. Tomorrow he has a dentist appointment before school.
Buenas Noches!






Excellent work!!!! You are such a good mom!!!
ReplyDelete