Friday, April 26, 2013

Estoy desde Costa Rica, La prueba de ortografía and Pizza de taco

The first thing Kendall is telling everyone this week is that 'Estoy desde Costa Rica (I am from Costa Rica).'  Then Hablas Espanol?  It makes for an interesting start to a conversation!

Kendall had a spelling test and did very well!  He tried with 5 words from yesterday and we are going to try with letter identification this week.  After school, we rode our bikes together and with the vecinos for almost 2 hours.  Kendall took a good fall on the bike from riding on the edge of the curb.  We had a discussion that the bike can be unbalanced riding on the curb and that his fall was opèrator error.  He told me he will not ride on the curb again.  We had a great time playing at the play area and meeting other folks and children playing there.

A day earlier this week, Kendall asked for taco pizza for dinner. I didn't have all the ingredients so I promised him another day.  Tonight, we ordered taco pizza from a place I had never been before - Venice Pizza and Pasta in Coatesville.  Their taco pizza looked good (ground beef, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, sour cream, cheese whiz and hot sauce) and it was near the Bottom Dollar market.  We quickly finished our shopping for the week, which I did not expect to do today.  We went to Venice Pizza to pick up the pizza and Kendall announces 'Estoy desde Costa Rica!'  We met Kelvin and Vanessa who both spoke Spanish.  Kelvin spoke with us for several minutes and gave Kendall a free cookie and a Venice Pizza and Pasta T-shirt. We were introduced to everyone in the kitchen and Kendall asked many questions about cooking the pizza.  We will definitely go back with Kendall wearing the shirt and we will eat dinner there. The taco pizza was fabulous!

We watched Toy Story 2 since he saw Toy Story in Costa Rica.  Listening in Spanish was not an option so we watched and listened in English.  We talked about favorite toys and mine are in the garage.  I will show him the juegetes after the movie. My favorite doll is named Edna after mi Abuela.

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...