Bienvenida de fin de semana! When I picked up Kendall at school, I was told he fell off the slide but he told me all was well. Taryn also told me he hit another child today and a girl told her that Kendall spit at her but Taryn said she did actually not see that. I told her we would talk about it this weekend. I questioned him in the car and he told me there was a girl and boy involved and he boy hit him first. He also told me he did not spit at the girl. I told him that at school if someone hits him he needs to separate himself from that person and tell an adult. I explained that if the adult does not see the other person hit you and only see you hit the other person then only you will get in trouble. He understood but once we pulled in the driveway he started to cry. I went to his side of the car right away and he had tears in his both of his eyes and was crying. He said he did not like school and the YMCA anymore. I told him I would talk to Taryn on Monday. I will be able to speak to all of his teachers on Monday afternoon since I am going to the ESL class Cinco de Mayo celebration. I believe everything he said since he does not cry easily and it is difficult for the folks at the YMCA to understand his side of story since they don't speak Spanish. It also makes it easier for the other kids to single him out. He felt better since he saw the vecinos waiting for him to play with them.
He did not have an exam today and will take the test on Monday due to a scheduling conflict. He played outside for a bit and then watched some TV. One of our vecinos, Melanie, was going to a sleep over with her best friend and Kendall was trying to understand the sleep over and best friend concept. I asked him if he had a best friend and he told me Marcus. I asked him if Marcus spoke Spanish and he told me no - Marcus is helping me with English. Marcus also goes to the YMCA after school program but his Mom picks him up earlier. I told him to ask for Marcus's phone number and I can call his Mom to set up a play date. We put one of his calling cards in his bag so he can give it to Marcus on Monday. He is very excited to plan a get together. After dinner, I convinced him to put on his pajamas while I made lemonade pastelitos with raspberry frosting. I started mixing everything and Kendall noticed some girls playing outside in the back. He had out on his pajamas but wanted to go outside. I debated whether I should let him go and I finally told him he could go outside and play with them in the pajamas that looked like a short and top but he told me no to wearing the pajamas outside and ran upstairs to change. I told him to play in the backyard and when he headed toward the girls I was amazed since heard 'Hi Kendall - do you want to play with us?' He answered in Spanish and I heard one of the girls say 'I told you so' to the other girls so they must have been talking about him speaking Spanish. One of the girls goes to the YMCA program and so they know each other. He went off skipping toward the other side of the development with them. We have been practicing our address and biking that way so he would know his way around the neighborhood and I decided to trust him since he was so excited to go back outside and went up to the girls by himself. The neighbors he currently plays with are moving to Honey Brook in 2 months and I am glad there are many other friends near our house for him to play with! He came back home beyond excited that he went walking with them and came home solito. I did pace a bit in our backyard with Cordelia waiting for him to return :-)
We finished the pastelitos. As you can see, Kendall loved the frosting. We are watching The Magic School Bus Disc 8 in Spanish - his choice.
It has been a good night - buenas noches!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...











Allison...He seems to tell you the truth about his
ReplyDeleteexperiences@school+when he began to cry in the car,I'm so glad you went to Kendall to assure him that you believed his side of the story.You are
doing a wonderful job as his Mom.He must find many things@USA schools difficult due to the language alone!
PS:I want lemonade pastelitos with strawberry icing,too! Karen A*