A quick recap from yesterday - Kendall cried for quite awhile after Babe last night. He cried because the film was sad and for all his relatives in heaven. He hugged me at least 10 different times. And I slept on the floor of his room since he did not want to be alone. And Rosalind has brought us regalos of dead mice and birds - no nos gusta!
Today we went to church and Sunday School. Kendall wants to sing a song in Spanish so we will try to pick a Sunday for that. I gave my old dolls to Alyssa Schmoyer and we all had fun playing with their automatic doors in the church parking lot! Many thanks to Carol and Don MacMurray for the beautiful new blanket for his room. He loves guitars and knows how to rock. He will sleep with it every night.
Kendall and I went to the Cinco de Mayo Festival in Kennett Square, PA. We had a lot fun! There were arts and crafts, a moon bounce, food, other vendors and live music. We watched 2 young boys sing songs, a young girl recite a poem and a Mariachi Band. Kendall and I shared mango con sal y lime and tacos. He decided he couldn't live without inflatable superman. He has had much fun playing with it today!
I made gallo pinto, arroz con leche, guacamole and taco fixings today. I made the gallo pinto and arroz con leche for Kendall's ESL Cinco de Mayo celebration in school tomorrow. The guacamole and taco fixings were for dinner. Kendall assembled our tacos for dinner. We ate and chatted with the Abuelos.
Kendall was in bed and lights out at 9 pm. I told him the wrong time and he headed upstairs. I don't correct him at bedtime :-)
Buenas noches!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...











KENDALL..."Rock Out" with Mr.Inflatable Superman +
ReplyDeletethat neat blanket! Get the "Angry Birds" guitar and let's hear a tune! LOVE, KAREN*