Kendall did some things by himself this morning after I asked him if he would do it himself. He got up by himself and finished dressing with his shoes and brushing his teeth - muchos estrellas! Mrs. Hoffman sent me an e-mail today that Kendall met with the audiologist and did a great job! She told me 'that his vocabulary in Spanish is VERY strong and it's amazing to see the concepts he understands.' He has been doing the explode the code series for letter recognition and stories on Starfall.com. He played the game Sorry with the other students. Mrs. Hoffman said he was so excited when he got to send someone "home!". He told me they have a similiar game in Costa Rica and they say Perdon. He practiced letter recognition with Ms. Mayo and had to get 10 letters right in order to get 10 minutes with Cool Math (a computer math game that he loves). He had a great day!
When I picked him up he was excited that he had done so well in school. I told him to tell me the way home and he told me to go straight past our development. I asked him why this way and he told me he wanted to go near the small market, Triple Fresh, since it is was near Marcus's house. I was impressed that he remembered it was near there but I told him that I didn't know their exact address and that I needed to e-mail Marcus's Mom to for a good day and time. Kendall agreed and suggested Friday :-) I said I would e- mail to find out. Then we headed home and he correctly told me which way to turn.
The vecinos arrived home just as we did. Kendall played at their house for awhile then came home for dinner. Our dinner conversation ended up with an eating challenge with rabano picante which is horseradish. We had shrimp with cocktail sauce hence the horseradish. He told me in Costa arica he ate rabano picante negro just by itself. I let him taste wasabi and that was not it. He did try the wasabi and water right after it! So after searching he is talking about black radishes. Here we have red radishes so I will have to hunt for black radishes for our competition!
Then he asked to do schoolwork??!! We did not have anything so I told him to pick out a book. He took a shower which he did solito including picking out and changing into his pajamas, we made Sno Cones, read The Mystic Call again and watched some TV.
Muchos Estrellas Hoy!
Buenas noches!
P.S. I was supposed to go to dinner and a play (Barcelona) tonight at Peoples Light Theater in malvern, PA with 2 of my close friends, Pam and Deb, but I did not have someone to watch Kendall
so I had to cancel. I have not quite figured out evenings out for me yet!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...
No comments:
Post a Comment