Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lo siento, mi hijo

Today started off like any other day. Kendall now likes to get ready in my bedroom. The first photo is him in my bed with his underwear on his head. He puts on the underwear himself and I have been putting it on his head to make him laugh. This morning I put the below note and dulce in his lunchbox. We finished getting ready and headed off to school.  Here is where our day changed. I talked briefly with the fellows that are usually there in the morning YMCA program about what happened yesterday afternoon in the YMCA program.  Kendall called me over after about a minute and then told me someone was taking his lunch box after he eats and plays outside. I asked him if he could put it somewhere else and he told me no.  He was very animated when he told me this and I told him I would talk to Mrs. Massaro.  I left 10 minutes later thin normally do and arrived 15 minutes late to work.

At work, I sent an e-mail to Mrs. Massaro and Mrs. Hoffman about his behavior at the YMCA yesterday afternoon and what Kendall told me this morning. I also asked if the missing lunch box and lunch box swinging by Kendall last Friday was possibly related.  Later today I received a phone call and e-mail from Mrs. Massaro that children from another 2nd grade classroom were hiding his lunchbox and pretending to be his friend at recess but then being rude and mean to him. This was brought to the school principal, Mr. Wallace's attention. I let theYMCA know about the situation so I think we will see a change in Kendall's behavior. He was excellent today!

It was ready to storm but Kendall did a quick lap around the cul-de-sac. He also wanted the car in the garage, which we did.  He watched some TV, was very talkative during cena, took a bath with Mr. Bubbles and Superman, practiced the alphabet, read Nacer en la Manada (Born into the Pack by Maria Luisa Retana and FaceTimed with Luis Diego.

A full but wonderful day.  I am sorry, my son, that this has happened but I am glad you and I are able to talk about it. Te amo mucho!

Buenas noches!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...