We went to Baltimore, Maryland to meet Tia Coreen today. We had a bit of a bumpy start to our day. Kendall did not want to take a shower this morning but I finally convinced him to take one since we would get home late. We had a wonderful drive and interesting conversation to Maryland.
Kendall likes to know we have entered a new state. We talked that Tia Coreen lives in Virginia, she is not married, has 2 horses and a dog and works with computers. We also talked that it is fine not to be married and he told me the nuns were married to God. I told him both Coreen and I never met of Prince Charming but we were still working. He told me first amigos then novios then esposos - bueno! In the middle of the trip, we somehow had a breakdown in communication but we worked it out. He wanted to go to Tia Coreen's house but I told him we were meeting half way in between our houses in Maryland. He told me he did not want to go to Baltimore and that he wanted me to sit in traffic on the way back since the north side was starting to back up. I told him that we would be in the traffic together. Then he told me no and I said, in this case, are you staying in Baltimore - remember I am your Mom. He told me I was not his Mom and he did not want to stay in Baltimore. He said it was not safe for a child to be alone in the city and wanted to call the police so I would get a ticket. I gave him my phone, he said thank you as then asked how to call the police. I reminded him that I loved him very much, we would always be together and I would never leave him alone.
We met Tia Coreen at noon at the Baltimore Harbor. We ate lunch at the Philadelphia Cheesecake Factory, rode in a motorized boat (crashing into some other boats by accident but everyone in the boats had fun!), went to the National Aquarium and ate dinner at Pizzeria Uno. Kendall loved the Aquarium with the dolphins being his favorite. He also loves sharks. They did not have penguins but they had puffins. We saw The Great Salmon Run in the 4D Immersion Theater - lots of fun! We also practiced saying excuse me and waiting, learning to wait and speaking English since Tia Coreen does not speak Spanish. Thanks Tia Coreen for the fabulous regalos and day!
The next time we come, he wants to ride on the dragon boats and the pirate ship and see a baseball game. He also has put Baltimore on the list of things he wants to do with Kevin when he comes. Our evening ended talking to Kevin in Costa Rica with the two boys trying to outdo each other with magic tricks :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment