Today was Blue Rocks Baseball Clinic at Frawley Stadium in Wilmington, DE. A friend from work, Cynthia, her husband and 2 boys were there also. We were hoping one of her boys would be in Kendall's group but each boy was in a different group! They learned how to stretch, pitch, catch, bat and run the bases. Kendall had a wonderful time! We had his baseball autographed by the Blue Rocks players and have tickets for a Blue Rocks game July 29.
After a quick oil change at Jiffy Lube, we went to Famous Dave's for lunch. Kendall finally agreed to order a pork sandwich and not a hamburger. We enjoyed all the hot sauces and Kendall loved the tattoos. We plan to go back otra vez.
After a quick stop in Kohl's, we went to Longwood Gardens. I was in need of a wi fi connection to Skype with Diego at Hogar Baik and this was a good place. Or so I thought... At first Kendall was upset everyone could hear what he was saying but once we were connected he showed all the children at the Hogar the fountains, tree sculpture's and outdoor children's garden. Today was the birthday fiesta for all children at Hogar Baik with June Birthdays. Feliz. Cumpleanos!
We went home and Kendall Skyped with Kevin bait more. Kendall wanted to watch TV and I did give him a difficult time since he could not tell me in English 'I want to watch TV.' I did not help him since he did not try to ask in English. Then he was angry since I helped Cordelia. A little jealousy between Kendall and Cordelia but both are starting to understand each other. He went to his room and cried. I went upstairs and held him and let him cry. I told him he needs to try. I told him I don't know all the words in Spanish but I try to ask him, explain a different way, use the iPhone or the internet. He understood practiced multiple times to ask to watch TV in English tonight.
We also talked with the Abuelos during dinner. After dinner, we decided to clean our house by floor starting with the basement. Kendall did a FABULOUS job vacuuming the basement today and cleaning up his play area. He took a shower then we watched TV.
The Amazing Race? Well, Kendall found the magnetic Map of the World in the basement. he wants to go to ever country with me. I told him about The Amazing Race. As soon as I mentioned a money prize, he asked when can we go. I will fill out an application for the next race :-).
Buenas noches!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...








No comments:
Post a Comment