The Audiology appointment was at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington at 8:15am. We were ready on time and we had a English Spanish translator on hand just in case. The translator thought it was mistake to have him on her list since his name is quite 'Americanized' but she came to see if she was needed. Kendall did very well and was tested in a hearing booth. He asked many questions about the microphones in his ears, the procedure and what the audiologist was doing. Finally, we were told he has no problems with his hearing! He was told he could have a sticker but asked for one of the plastic fish the audiologist used to test his hearing. He had to hold a fish up to his ear and when he hear a beep, he had to place the fish in a basket. She said yes and he picked out a green and blue fish.
We visited my amigos in the pharmacy and Kendall made himself at home. His favorite amigo de trabajo is Tío Juan who gave him money for his piggy bank. Every time he saw him he said Tío Juan. We headed downstairs to the cafeteria for a snack and a juegete since he was going to have an MMR and varicella vaccination. Luckily they could be combine so h only had one shot. He was a little disappointed that he could only get one toy and wanted another vaccination. I did not have to pay a copay for the visit but I spent the copay buying the toy.
Then Kendall was off to the YMCA and I went home to take care of Cordelia for the evening since I had to workt his tonight. Tía Claudette picked up Kendall from the YMCA, took him to McDonald's for dinner and they are playing and enjoying SpongeBob until I get home. Kendall gets to stay up until 10pm tonight and we will both have to get up early tomorrow. We are not looking forward to that!
Muchas gracias, Tía Claudette for helping us out tonight - Buenas noches!
No matter how one receives a child, it is a miraculous gift from God. Once upon a time, there was a family of one. This family was blessed but had an open heart and home. By choice, we have become a family, first in our hearts, and finally in breath and being. We are an open family and hope everyone with ties to Kendall Alejandro or Allison Elizabeth stay in touch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday Almost Friday
A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river I've been ru...
-
We left Baltimore at 7am and arrived in Phoneix about 9:30am. A decent flight. Our first stop was the Westgate Entertainment District in...
-
We did it! I had a sleepless night and kept checking the clock every few hours but Kendall slept very well. He woke up on his own while t...
-
Hoy fue un gran día para Kendall y yo! Translation: Today was a big day for Kendall and myself! I was given guardianship over Kendall th...


No comments:
Post a Comment