Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Un viaje a Tyler Arboretum con el Campamento YMCA

Well, Kendall is doing very well getting up with his alarm, getting dressed and brushing his teeth solo!  I do have to wash his face and wet his hair but he does a marvelous job getting ready in the morning. And it doesn't stop there...he opens a package of pop tarts and wraps one or himself and one for me and gets together another food like fruit or cereal that he also wants for breakfast. Now I hope I haven't jinxed us for the rest of the week ;-). Since we arrived to the YMCA early, we chatted in the car. I speak in Spanish and English to see if he will pick up some English this way. I called him mi hijo and then my a son. He said sol? And I told him son and sun sound the same in English but are spelled differently.  We revisited this in our school work tonight!

Kendall had a great day. He loved the trip to the Tyler Arboretum especially the tree houses and wants to take Kevin when he comes to visit. He rode his bike while I made dinner. He tried for more time on his bike and I told him we had school work tonight so if he rode his bike more, there would be no time for TV.  He opted for TV.

We ate dinner and Kendall agreed to complete 4 Brain Quest Grade 2 Workbook pages.  Tonight I let him pick the pages. Two in English/Vocabulary and two in Math. In English he picked 2 or letters to make a work with the picture. I translated to Spanish from the picture or Kendall helped me, we learned the English word and tried to spell it from sounding it out.  He also wrote in the missing letters (ir, ur, er, are, air, ear). He decided he did not like one page since it had a lot if work. He even went to the trouble of counting that there were 13 letters to learn.  I did let him switch to a page with only 6 words but we'll have to do that page in another day :-). For math, practiced counting, greater and less than and counting by 2's. He picked a math page with only 3 problems so I had him add another page. When we finished, he exclaimed that he did 6 pages and not just 5!

We had our air conditioner service check and all is well. Kendall was slightly interested in seeing what this entailed by SpongeBob SquarePants was on.  He did also tell me Me gusta - I like for Squeezy Freezy.  Buenas noches!

Tyler Arboretum

Squeezy Freezy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...