Saturday, June 8, 2013

Último día de escuela, invitaciones de cumpleaños, un pescado muerto,Nueva York

Last day of school - autographs, a nice letter from Kaelyn (a 5th grade student) to Kendall and a pizza party at the YMCA afternoon program. Today was Taryn's last day and she will not be returning next year. She did a wonderful job in the afternoon with Kendall and the other children. We will miss her next year and always remember you, Taryn!

Birthday Invitations were finished this morning. I picked up 30 YMCA invitations Thursday night. I typed up the missing information and taped them on the cards. Then I started to write in Kendall's name, date and time of the party and the RSVP. I completed about 10 invitations when I realized the color from the marker I was using was smearing the letters and numbers. That and knowing my handwriting is not always legible led me to plan B. Since I was exhausted, I typed that information to tape on the invitations and finished taping them this morning. Kendall took them to school and invited all of his second grade class and Mrs. Massaro, Mrs. Hoffman and Mrs. Mayo. Kendall is very excited!

Un pescado muerte - "Kevin" Fish de Kendall - Well, I had told Kendall I thought the orange fish was sick and that he may die today. Kendall went upstairs to check on him before he left for school and he was in the bottom of the tank not breathing well. When we arrived home he was floating on the top. Kendall wanted to bury him in the yard and asked me to make a cross and a name plate. In the pouring rain we buried "Kevin." We are very sad to lose him.

Nueva York - We traveled in the pouring rain to Nueva York. Kendall loves his new SeatPals. He filled them with candy and stuffed animals for the trip. Cordelia traveled so so. She hates the car and rain. She had one part where she was very unhappy but she survived. There were many accidents going south and we were lucky heading north. The trip took longer because of the heavy rain and some flooding once we hit Nueva York. Kendall loves to say Thank You when we go through EZ Pass and he sees the green light. And he loves Hip Hop music. He dances, sings and taps his feet!

We finished off the night watching The Crocodile Hunter with Tio Charlie and Primo John Paul.

Buenas noches!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...