Thursday, June 20, 2013

Las Aventuras de Superniño!

I am convinced Kendall has morphed into Superniño...



We have been practicing the days of the week in English and Spanish. He always guesses Viernes (Friday) or rather hopes it is Friday - don't we all! Thursdays are our day to put our trash at the curb.  He loves to do this so today I asked him what day is today? He told me 'No se.' I asked him every week, what job do you do?  To my surprise, he answered
Clean my room
Clean up my toys in the basement
Help clean up the yard
Clear the table
I am thinking you most certainly do and I do not give you enough credit for all that you do in our house. Gracias, hijo mío, porque me recuerda todo lo que hacen!And finally I asked what job do you do every week in the evening? He answered - take out the trash. And I said - Si, hoy es Jueves, dia de basura - Yes, today is Thursday, trash day.

When I picked him up from camp, he wanted to go to the outdoor YMCA pool. I may use this as incentive to practice English or study once a week since it the pool is open in the evenings until 8pm. But he may have to give up TV since bedtime is 9pm :-) We went home, he took out the trash then rode his bike. I was starting dinner, emptying the car, setting up for tomorrow, etc and he fell outside. My neighbor, Steve, was mowing this lawn, saw him on the ground and rang our doorbell - thanks, Steve! Kendall was fine. A few scrapes and blood on the knees but he'll survive. I put on band-aids and kissed both knees. We talked about operator error and that I must be outside at all times for him to ride his bike. All is well.

Tonight, we worked on understanding US money, telling time and subtraction. He did very well with telling time, so so with money but I am confident he will learn it by the end of the summer since he loves to buy things, and so so with subtraction. We even did a few word problems. He has trouble counting in English so now every day we will count in English to 30 and sing the alphabet song (even on  the weekends) - que abburido. He suggested the car to practice - bueno. Tonight, we sang ABC's and reviewed numbers several times so Kendall knew I expected him to practice and do it well.  He told me thank you, mom, even though he didn't like it.

Buenas noches!

E


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...