Monday, June 17, 2013

The Iguana

Kendall is quite handsome with his "Iguana" hairstyle.  We picked up hair gel this weekend and he styled it himself!

Today started off well and then ended with a lot of discussion between Kendall and I about his behavior at the YMCA camp.   I spoke to the camp director today and Kendall hit a boy near his eye, is not listening or following directions.  From talking to Kendall, he is having trouble with a boy in his group. We talked about what was happening, what he should and shouldn't do and that I would talk to the Camp Director tomorrow.  He told me he told the boy to stop, he didn't and he did hit the boy.  If he walks away, the boy finds him. We discussed finding an adult to help next time. I told Kendall no television in the evening if he misbehaves. Kendall told me he did not want to go the YMCA anymore and he was very unhappy and sad.  We talked again about what to if this boy bothers him again and he decided to try the YMCA again.  I have made a chart of good behaviors that he will need to have signed off by the YMCA counselors in both English and Spanish from Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday by me. In 4 weeks, if he has done well, we will see Superman in 3D or buy a 3D movie. He was excited by Superman in 3D until he found out it is only English in the theater.

We had dinner, read a book (The Pig That is Not a Pig /El cerdo que no es cerdo by Maria Luisa Retana) worked on math and 3 letter words in English. My test was translating them to Spanish. He took a shower and only watched 1/2 hour of TV. We went over the good behaviors and he agreed to all of them. Otra vez mañana.

Buenas noches!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...