Tuesday, June 18, 2013

La Cita Cardiología

I spoke to the Camp Director this morning about Kendall and the other boy from camp. I told him that Kendall told the other boy to 'stop it' and he put his hands up as well but the boy did not listen. There are also no Counselors watching when this happens.  Kendall and I went over what he behaviors he should do all the time and I gave the table in English and Spanish to the YMCA Counselors. In 4 weeks, if he has done well, we can go to a 3D movie or buy one and in 8 weeks, we can go to Hershey Park.  I told YMCA Camp Director they can call me any time at work if this happens again so I can talk to Kendall and tell them what he said happened.  This is similar as to what happened with other children at school at recess since it happens when no adults are looking. This week is Be A Buddy (Sea a Amigo) and today was Wear Green day. Luckily, I looked at the happenings this week before we left for camp and Kendall picked out 2 green tops.

When I picked him up at the YMCA, he was very happy. He had a good day and behaved well. The other boy got into trouble today for hitting Kendall - one of the Counselor's saw him do it. I think now everyone knows to keep an eye on how these boys interact.  We went o McDonald's for a quick dinner and, of course, a cool car that lights up!

Today was Kendall's Cardiology appointment.  We made it there just in time - gran trafico!  All went well and we did have an ultrasound.  His heart murmur is normal and we will keep an eye on the intermittent tachycardia. Dr. Baffa told us about a heart rate app so I downloaded it so we can use that to keep track of the heart rate and circumstances.  The photo is of Kendall in the exam room with a toy from the Cardiology visit. Two toys today!

We stopped by the third floor inpatient pharmacy to say hola to mis companeros. I told him there would second shifters there so we saw Chris, Dave, Wayne, Eunice, Vince, Win and Naseem. He was a little disappointed Tio Juan Fabio was not there. He walked around looking and saying 'Donde esta Tio Juan Fabio?' Que lastima!

We had a donut last time at the hospital but the cafeteria was closed so we stopped by Dunkin Donuts. We are very tired - buenas noches!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Almost Friday

A Change Is Gonna Come Songwriter: Sam Cooke I was born by the river in a little tent Oh and just like the river  I've been ru...